Thursday, April 26th, 2007...3:47 am
Speedlinking - 26th April 2007
Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /nfs/c02/h06/mnt/46791/domains/thewrongadvices.com/html/wp-content/plugins/tpbc.php on line 96
- Ask.com is launching a contextual ad network which they hope will be a viable alternative to Google Adsense. Mid-sized publishers can sign up for the program now, but it won’t be till the end of the year that smaller publishers can get in on the action.
- The hype surrounding Twitter just keeps on growing and there has been some talk of late on how they can capitalize on their popularity. Download Squad have an interesting article discussing six ways Twitter can make money. However, the best method isn’t on the list: Get acquired by Google.
- Wikipedia 0.5 has been released on CD. It contains around 2000 articles from the English Wikipedia and can be purchased for $13.99 or you can download a CD image and burn your own copy.
- Google takes over the Internet, Bill Gates sheds a tear. Complementing their recent milestone of becoming the most valuable global brand, Google has now overtaken Microsoft as the world’s most visited Internet property, attracting 528 million unique visitors in the month of March, compared to Microsoft’s 527 million.
- In what looks to be a completely pointless exercise, Time Magazine wants your help compiling a list of the 100 most influential people in the world today. Currently at #1 in the poll is Stephen Colbert.
- Ars Technica reports on a dubious study by ScanSafe which found 80% of blogs contain offensive content.
- Josh over at TimeforBlogging has a great article on how to drive traffic to your blog using MyBlogLog.